Raaz Ki Baat: Coming soon, Raaz 3




Sequels and their sequels are here to stay. First Munnabhai and Golmaal, now there's Raaz which threatens to turn into a Raaz-ma-taz, what with the second part of the Bhatt's spook saga getting an unexpectedly solid opening.

Emran Hashmi who has been lying low during the publicity, thanks to all the focus on the real-life Kangana-Adhyayan pair, says he feels vindicated by the audiences' response. "My wife kept telling me I should try the genre. I had never done horror before.

It's believed in the trade that horror films open well and then soon fizzle out. But then it was also believed that a film looking at the seamier side of cricket (Jannat) would never do well. I like to walk the lonely path. That's why you don't see me at parties and functions.

Maybe that's why I play the part of the loner and watch another guy take away the girl I love," Emran chuckles drawing attention to his loser-lover's role in Gangster, Awaarapan and now Raaz.

And now Emran is all set to return to Raaz. After the encouraging opening the team of Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt, director Mohit Suri and Emran met to discuss the third Raaz movie.

"Yes we're on," says Emran. "The third part will be directed by Mohit. And I'll play the lead. The rest of the details are yet to be decided. The cast of the second Raaz film was totally new. And I think I'm going to be the only actor common to Raaz 2 and 3."

He says he didn't feel left out of the publicity. "Kangana and Adhyayan were a real-life couple. I can't concoct an affair just to be noticed. I was confident my work would speak for itself. Sure enough I believe people clap when I on screen the first time. I do have fan base, though it might be small."

With two successes Jannat and Raaz 2 Emran feels secure enough to start a family. "We're trying for a baby and we should be parents by next year. One is never prepared for fatherhood. And if I wait to be fully prepared it will never happen. But I'm getting into the mindset now."






0 comments: