'Sign Kareena with Abhishek Bachchan? I've never met her in my life!'

`Sign Kareena with Abhishek Bachchan? I`ve never met her in my life!`


It may make juicy copy to say Abhishek Bachchan would be paired with Kareena Kapoor in Umesh Shukla's untitled film.

But regrettably, it is not the truth.

Poohpoohing a report on Saturday in a tabloid that Kareena is `seriously considering` director Umesh Shukla's offer to star in his next with Abhishek, Umesh says, `I've never in my life met Kareena Kapoor, let alone offer her a role. The closest I've come to her is while sitting some rows behind her at awards function. I've never approached her for any role. `

Aghast and amused Umesh says, `The tabloid's imagination takes my breath away. According to them I had an hour-long meeting with her and now I'm supposed to give her a full narration on Monday.

All this is news to me. Obviously the reporter who wrote this article knows more about my activities than I do. Maybe I've been sleepwalking through my meeting with Kareena. `


Umesh further informs there is no heroine for his film, nor a title. `I will approach a leading lady after I lock in the script this week. I've so far only finalized Rishi Kapoor and Abhishek for the film. `

Why not Paresh Rawal after their amazing rapport in Oh My God? `Because the personality and spoken language required in this film suited Rishiji more. But I will miss Pareshji immensely in this film. I will work with him again in the near future. That's a promise I've made to myself. `

0 comments: