I want to get into Rannvijay's shoes: Nauman Sait


Bangalore-based Nauman Sait, the winner of MTV's adventure reality show "Roadies: Hell Down Under", says he would love to become as famous as Rannvijay Singh - the winner of the show's first season and also its current host.

"'Roadies' is a huge platform and I surely don't want to go for a dip from here. I want to take only bigger steps now. I'm looking forward to some great offers and getting into Rannvijay's shoes would be amazing - he is so great himself - I would love to do what he is doing, " Nauman, a professional cricket player, told over phone from Mumbai.

Smitten by the glamour industry, Nauman now looks forward to star in some TV shows and films.

"I have played cricket for the past 10 years and have also played as a part of the English Premier League for Yorkshire. But after 'Roadies', I am more inclined towards towards glamour and TV and I'm exploring some options. Previously also, I have done a few modelling assignments but those were mainly print ones, " he said.

This 21-year-old's success story was largely due to his luck. When he had gone to audition for the show, he went with his twin brother Salman, an equally deserving candidate, but Nauman was the chosen one.

During the show, he was also voted out, but he made a wild card entry during the Australia leg of the show. And in the finale too, he was the one lagging behind the other contestant Kiri, but he walked away with the "Roadies" crown.

Nauman said: "I'm on top of the world. When I joined the show, I didn't know about winning or losing, I was just sure of one thing - that I'm going to give it my best and I tried to do my best in every task. Now that I have won, I finally feel I'm on the road to success.

"My twin brother was happiest for me. Even if he didn't make it, he always wished well for me. I had not told him that I had won and when I saw the smile and happiness on his face when the winner was announced, I was really happy."

Nauman, a B.Com student, says his cricket background helped him immensely in winning the show.

"Having played cricket for so long, I knew how to play a team game and also knew the importance of fitness and determination. So in a way, my experience of playing cricket did give me an edge over other competitors, " he said.

Along with his victory on the show, Nauman has taken home prize money of Rs.362, 000 and a Hero Honda Karizma bike. Now he plans to use the money judiciously.

"The happiness of winning the 'Roadies' tag is more than the happiness of winning the money. But keeping in mind the recession, I will use the amount cleverly and for useful purposes. I am planning a big treat for my friends, a good and expensive gift for my family, something for myself and some part of it to charity, " Nauman said.

On the show, selected "Roadies" are given bikes to travel on a pre-decided route and assigned difficult physical or rational tasks. A vote-out takes place at the end of every show and whoever survives till the end is declared winner.

In its sixth edition, the show had 20 contestants, out of which a few top contestants were taken to Australia for dangerous tasks.

0 comments: