Shahid Kapoor to receive the Rajiv Gandhi award for Best Actor

Shahid Kapoor With the kind of flight that the cutie-pie has taken to stardom these days, its not surprising that is showcase will be full of awards and rewards galore. The latest one in his kitty will be in the form of the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Awards that is given to a person who shows eminence in his chosen field. The award function will be held in the second week of August, just around the release of Shahid's most anticipated film till date - Kaminey.

Talking about the award, an excited Shahid said "I was pleasantly surprised to get the news about my being chosen for the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi award. I'm only 28 years old and it's really early in my career. I feel humbled and honoured to be chosen by the jury."

For the uninitiated, the earlier recipients for this award have been the likes of legendary greats like Sunita Williams, Sachin Tendulkar, Mukesh Ambani and Amitabh Bachchan among others.

0 comments: