I don't know why Bebo insulted me



Priyanka Chopra is in seventh heaven. She has just started work on her new glamorous film Fashion. And her new home is almost ready.

"And all the credit must go to my stylist, my dress designer and my interior designer Suzanne Roshan who's done up my house. Rita Dhody and Narendra Kumar are styling my look in Fashion.

Rita is my stylist and Narendra is my dress designer. They make an extremely talented team. It's very important to get the right look for every character.

The mantra for 2008 is STYLE. And I plan to experiment lavishly with my look."

Fashion is going to give Priyanka a startling look. "I start as a plain small-towner and then go ultra-chic as a model."

Suzanne Roshan who has also done Rani Mukherjee's new place (along with another star-wife Twinkle Khanna) and Priyanka go back a long way. "We bonded beautifully when Duggu and I shot Krissh. Both of them are my close and dependable friends."

Priyanka moves into her new house in February or March 2008. "Suzanne is just putting some finishing touches to them. And we're really looking forward to moving into it. It's looking fantastic.

I'm very excited. I do own a place in Mumbai. But it's functional. I never had a chance to make it a home.

My new place has been done brick by brick by me and Suzanne. It's a sweet modest little place. But hey, it's mera ghar!"

She cuts down reports of close astrological consultation for her new house. "Not that I don't believe in astrology. But the only thing we'll probably consult a pundit about is when to move in. Besides that all the reports of havens and pujas false."

2007 was a year of tremendous turmoil for Priyanka. There were legal and police hassles regarding financial endeavours. At home her dad struggled with a serious illness.

Sighs Priyanka, "In 2007 I've just been busy doing commercials. And then there were other problems created by various people.

I've accepted those as an enevitable part of each year. The more popular you get the more the number of people who want target you. That's fine.

It's a professional hazard. You've got to take it in your stride. I'm glad I've my family to stand by me. They're my strength and my weakness."

Sighs the discreet diva, "The end of 2007 seems to be the beginning of the year for me because I started Fashion.I'll soon be starting Karan Johar production with Abhishek and John. Both the films will be over by July. So the first-half of 2008 is packed."

She's looking forward to working with Abhishek and John again.

"Abhishek and I had some fun times during Bluff Master and with John I did one of my toughest roles in Karam.

I enjoyed that though it didn't work at the b.o. But then a film doing well or not is in nobody's hands," says the actor who in five years has given the maximum number of hits and has earned the tag of the new-millennium Hema Malini.

She hopes to fashion a new success in Fashion. "It's actually becoming a much bigger film than what it was meant to be. Let's face it, success is important. And to me the boxoffice is very important."

Fashion is a special challenge. "The character requires a lot of hard work. The graph is so steep. Madhur Bhandarkar is keeping me on my toes constantly.

Yes, I admit Krissh and Don didn't have as much space for me as Fashion. But one does all kinds of movies. I enjoy the experience of trying something new each time.

In Fashion I'm far more at the forefront than Krissh or Don. But the challenge is the same."

2007 had its share of agony and ecstacy for Priyanka.

"But the best happening of the year was Dad coming home from hospital hopefully whole and healed. On the professional front I had Salaam-e-Ishq at the beginning of the year and Big Brother later, both boxoffice disappointments.

But I'm going to make up in 2008 with 4-5 releases beginning with the comedy God Tussi Great Ho with Salman."

Salman and Priyanka seem to have made up. "When were we ever at loggerheads?" she blinks diplomatically.

"In 2007 I completed two mega-marathons Drona and Love Story 2050. These two films took up a lot of time. The shooting for these films took extra time because of the special effects. I also got hurt."

Speaking of hurt Kareena Kapoor lately made a hurtful statement about Priyanka not being worthy of being called an actress.

Priyanka takes a deep breath. "Kareena is a more senior and hopefully more mature actress than me. I guess she's qualified to comment on my caliber

. When I reach her level of experience maybe I too can comment on the caliber of my contemporaries and junior. I'd just like to let my work speak for me. And that includes Aitraaz where Kareena was also a part."

What's the problem between Priyanka and Kareena anyway? "I don't know. From my end there's none.

I recently met her at a Diwali cards- party. And she was fine with me. Only she can answer why she thinks so poorly of me. As far as I'm concerned I think she was splendid In Jab We Met.

I like to give credit where it's due. And you know what? On some level it's flattering when colleagues give you importance."

Priyanka gets introspective. " I love my work. And I love my friends who are loyal to me. Nothing and no one else matters. I've already had enough to stress at home with my father's illness. I'd like only positive energy to be spread through my work."

Priyanka is happy though not satisfied with her progress. "If I become satisfied I'll have to stop working."

One unfulfilled wish? "I've never done a costume drama, though I've come close to doing one several times. Hopefully in 2009."

0 comments: